SBCEO Special Education Division
Our Collective Vision
- We believe in the voice of the family, the view of the student, and the desire of the community to together support students to enhance student experience and learning.
- We believe that behavior is a form of communication. Special education staff members are trained to model and promote positive pro-social behavior among children.
- Educational experiences are age-appropriate, designed to meet the unique needs of each student and utilize curriculum that is aligned to the California Common Core State Standards.
- Instructional environments are physically and emotionally safe for students. All students and families are respected and valued. Each learning environment provides high quality, culturally-responsive instruction.
- Student independence is developed through the use of learning activities, age-appropriate materials, communication systems, and sequenced daily schedules. High expectations are in place for all students.
Para asistencia en Español, por favor llame al:
Haga clic aquí para Español